Tuesday, December 16, 2014

2015 DC Super Heroes sets

I was perusing the posts over at FBTB they had a huge image dump of all the offical new 2015 sets set for early release next year.  Lots of new Star Wars stuff, Lego Movie (isn't that so last year?) and the new Speed line up of race cards, but what I was really interested in was the new DC Super Heroes images.  Yes the sets are still Batman heavy, but at least we get two non-movie Superman sets and we get a lot of kick-ass supporting cast.  I've borrowed this images from FBTB.
 Sweet finally a Green Lantern minifigure.  And why is freaking Batman in this set.  Why can't Green lantern carry a set.  As a matter of fact let's do a Guy Gardner, John Stewart, and Hal Jordon vs Sinestro set.  That would have made me happier.  Sure we get a Space Suit Batman, but who cares I don't need anymore Batman minifigures, I do however need a Green Lantern one.
 It looks like the Batman in this set and the next one are exactly the same. I'm not sure with out consulting the great Batman minifigure variation chart if this is a new minifigure design or a reused one I'll let someone else figure that out for now.  I'm more excited to see Captain Cold.  We've already seen mini's of Wonder Woman and the Flash, would have been nice if they had been replaced with something else and I'm not sure, but at least the Wonder Woman might be different then the one in the Power Armor Lex set.
 The only thing exciting for the the Deep Sea Strike set is the Black Manta, Aquaman looks just like the Arctic set from the 2014 line up.  Although those of you who love the Bat vehicles now can get the Bat-sub. And I guess the Scuba Robin will go good with the Scuba Batman from the Penguin Face off set.
The first of the Superman sets is a big one and the most expensive of the new sets for sure.  But you go get a couple cool new figures, Mainly the Hawkman, Cyborg, and Green Arrow.  The Superman minifig looks the same from the Power Armor Lex set, but maybe not.  And of course if you love the oversized figure there's Darkseid. I guess with the Cyborg minifigure you could start a Teen Titans set.  Could Raven and Starfire be far behind, yeah probably.
This set and the Green Lantern set are by far my two favorites and I will most likely be picking these up when they become available.  What makes this set so great. J'onn J'onzz and Supergirl.  Plus that Brainiac jellyfish brings back some great comic book memories.  Plus this set won't be that expensive. I'm guessing that this one will be in the $24.99 slot.

No comments:

Post a Comment