Thursday, December 26, 2013

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Micro Figures - Blind Packs and 11 Doctor set


I'm a little behind the curve when it comes to Character Buildings Dr. Who offerings, but while I was updating a few other pages here on the blog I decided to see if there was anything new out and it turns out there is. In honor of the Doctor's 50th anniversary CB has issued a new 11 Doctor Set and also a new set of blind packs as well.  After doing a quick comparison it would appear that the figures are different from the first 11 Doctor box set and that the blind pack and set minis are also different from each other. Of course if I ever get any of these in hand I'll do a better comparison, but at least preliminary they look like they are all different, some as subtle as a different jacket color, but some are quite different.

The blind packs also feature 5 super rare variations. The second, third, fifth, tenth, and eleventh doctors all come with a super rare variation.  I've seen a few of the rare figures online and they come with a shiny golden base! And while the box set looks very similar to original box sets that came out, the TARDIS door color is different and it also looks like the logo lettering on the inside is silver foil. To bad the bases aren't chrome silver.
Anyways I apologize for the real lack of info, but I thought I'd just put this out there for any other Dr Who fans who haven't seen this stuff. You can check out my review of my box set from a couple years ago HERE.






No comments:

Post a Comment