Thursday, November 14, 2013

Lego Minifigures Series 12 - Third Look




If your a fan of Lego and follow any other Lego blogs or fan sites you've more than likely already seen this.  

Another nice assortment of Mini's all based on the upcoming Lego movie due out in March.  These are suppose to hit shelves some time in January.  Of course you've also probably heard that Series 13 will be Simpson themed.  So I look forward to seeing how those come out.

Here is the list in the set.
  • William Shakespeare
  • Gail the Construction Worker
  • Panda Guy
  • Abraham Lincoln
  • Taco Tuesday Guy
  • Larry the Barista
  • President Business
  • Calamity Drone
  • Marsha Queen of the Mermaids
  • Wild West Wyldstyle
  • Scribbe-Face Bad Cop
  • Velma Staplebot
  • Hard Hat Emmet
  • “Where are my Pants?” Guy
  • Mrs. Scratchen-Post
  • Wiley Fusebot
I'll be a little honest, while the variety is great as always I'm disappointed that Lego didn't add a couple DC characters to the mix since they are prominently in the movie trailers and I'm guessing heavily seen in the movies.  Plus Warner Brothers is producing the movie and DC Comics is owned by Warner Brothers and Lego has the DC Heroes license.  Of course it's possible that their license forbids them from doing something like this, but I've always thought with the character base of both DC and Marvel, Lego could easily put out a minifigure set of exclusive characters of either universe and it would sell well.  Hell even if they're just slight variations of existing figures they'd do well.

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed most of the collectible minifigure sets so far. However, I can't say that I'm terribly enthused about Series 12. I might see the movie but unless the movie is so great, I don't see this series selling all that well. There aren't a lot of figures that would fit into current themes - something that I imagine is a big draw for the figures in general. The few figures that would fit in an existing theme have pretty much already been done (shakespeare, cop, etc). I guess it'll give me more time and cash to try and continue to chase down my missing figures from the first 11 series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know when I first saw the line up I was like didn't they already have the semi-racist Mexican and mermaid? But they are different The Series 9 mermaid is different in color, decals and hair, same with the Series 2 Mexican and this one, and actor from Series 8 and Shakespeare. They are similar but different. But I see what your saying. I was thinking that Lego was going to put out Lego Movie sets as well, but I haven't heard or seen anything to that effect yet either.

      Delete