Thursday, January 24, 2013

Microfigure Spotlight - Cyberman - Character Building Series 1 Dr Who Blind Pack



I was looking for a weekend card show that either I totally missed or was at a different mall this month, but I happen into one of the comic/toy stores in the mall and as luck would have it they had Character Building Dr. Who Blind packs.  And not just Series 1, but 2 and 3 as well.  The packs were a buck more than a Lego Minifigure pack, but seeing as these go for 7 to 8 buck on Amazon and ebay I figured I'd bite.  I've really wanted to pick up a few more Character Building Microfigures after I completed their Series 1 set offered in gravity feed dispensers at some of the bigger retailers around town. I ended up picking up 4 Series 1 and one each from Series 2 and 3.  I'll feature those later.  The one thing I did notice though that kind of bothers me is that the micros  you pick up in the blind packs are exactly the same as the micros you get in Character Buildings box sets.  This can be advantageous if you army building, but I really don't need 7 micros of the 11th Doctor.

Anywho, here we have the Cyberman. His first appearance in the Dr. Who series was also the last appearance of the First Doctor.  Interesting history on the Dr. Who series there are many "lost" episodes where the BBC erased master tapes to reuse.  The final episode of the series is one of those lost episodes and sadly is the last appearance of William Hartnell and the first regeneration scene in Dr. Who.

Alright enough of the nerd talk.  Each successive Dr. Who Character Building Blind pack has had a different Cyberman in it.  I love the high detail on the head and decals.



Here's the insert poster. You can see that the Cyberman is a common figure.


Another side view.

And the back.  The other nice thing about all the Doctor Who blind micros is you get the cool Doctor Who DW display base.

cb out.

No comments:

Post a Comment