Tuesday, January 21, 2014

76001 The Bat vs Bane: Tumbler Chase


I'm a big Batman fan. And I'm a huge Lego Super Heroes fan, both DC and Marvel sets. But to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the  Dark Knight set , but when I can pick up a $40 set for almost half price...I'll suffer.

I think what I like best about all the Batman sets is that fact that almost all the Batmen are different. From a collecting stand point this is great. Especially if you are buying the set for the minifigures like I tend to do.  
This set not only gets you a unique Batman, but a different Bane from the more comic book version in the 6860 Batcave and I do believe this is the only Commissioner Gordon.  Let's have a look.


Here's an overall view of what you get. The Bat, the Tumbler, 3 minifigures, and 2 road blocks
I think the over all design and build of "the Bat" is spot on. Not perfect, but for a Lego version it's pretty cool. And the overall articulation of parts is impressive as well. The arms with the guns and missiles looks really good.




The tail is pretty neat too.
There is also a rope on the back to hang Batman from.

Like wise I think the tumbler was very well done as well. I'm also happy to say that both figures fit their respective minifigures perfectly too. This tumbler is a completely different design than the one from the 2008 movie set 7888 The Batman Tumbler : Joker's Ice Cream Surprise.




On to the mini's!!  
You get Commissioner Gordon in SWAT gear. He also has two faces to choose from.



You get the movie version of Bane. I can remember back in the 90's when DC introduced Bane. I don't think anyone at the time gave him much thought and who knew that he would become literally the Bane of Batman? Maybe the name was a giveaway?


And of course the star of the show..Batman.  This suit is similar to others I've seen, but I do believe it is at least a little different.  As usual he comes with two faces as well.



Here's the back detail.


Overall a great set and I'm glad I picked it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment